Friday 2 September 2011

Latest Ripple Bird Bath


I've used a slightly more muted set of colours on this Ripple Bird Bath, and it's come out really well. It looks like the colours are slightly sun-bleached. Which, of course, will never happen, as the beauty of these glass mosaic tiles is they are fade-resistant. So this faded-effect will stay at this shade even in bright sunshine. Perfect.

The stone I've used in this bath is slightly larger than I've used previously too, but I think the scale of it fits the large size (31cm) saucer that I've used.

I was thinking about making a matching base, but I'll leave that to the purchaser to decide if they want to use it as a floor standing bird bath, or if they want to use a plain pot as a pedestal, or they want a matching 'Ripple' coloured pedestal.





Although I repeat this Ripple pattern a lot in my items, each one is completely unique. I start with a blank palette everytime and build it up as I go. Each design will be using slightly different colours, in a different order, so no two Ripple Bird Baths will be the same. The beauty of handmade.

2 comments:

  1. I love the clean lines of your blog. I have just favourited one of your bird baths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mrs Jones. I've recently restyled my blog to be less fussy, so I'm glad you like the new look. :)

    ReplyDelete