Tuesday 13 September 2011

Building a design.


The idea for this bird bath came from the amber glass nuggets that I've just bought. They reminded me of flower centres with a drop of water on them. So, first, I had to choose a petal colour . I chose cream because with the amber they made a really nice, vintage-fabric-look, daisy flower. Next was the background tile choice. I decided sky blue would blend in really nicely, and set off the flowers without overpowering them, or the flowers becoming too bold either. Finally, a border choice. I could have continued with sky blue around the edge too, but I wanted to keep the blue and the flowers as the central design, so I 'framed' it with terracotta to blend in with the terracotta saucer base.

The finished bird bath has a lovely country-rustic feel to it. And it all came from the amber glass nuggets creating an idea.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Isn't it amazing how idea just come streaming from one piece of crafting material.
    Mine is usually Buttons
    <3 Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dotty. It's bloomin' great when designs come easily, isn't it. Jo : )

    ReplyDelete