Wednesday 24 August 2011

Ripples Mirror





This is my latest mosaic mirror, it's called Ripples Shades of Blue and Green. It was inspired by the colour of the stain on the wooden frame base, which reminds me of faded beach huts, which reminds me of water, which reminds me of my ripples pattern that I've used before. This time I've only got 2 parts of the mirror with the mosaic on and I've left the middle section of the frame as the bare stained wood. I really like the effect. It reminds me of all sorts of things. Butterfly wings, carnival fans, as well as the watery ripples I was originally going for.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely, I like your colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Milly and Me, and Averilpam. I really enjoy creating the Ripple Range, glad you like it too. Jo : )

    ReplyDelete